REF: DS177702 96 tests
Immunoassay for the in vitro quantitative determination of total triiodothyronine in human serum.
Triiodothyronine (T3) is the hormone principally responsible for the development of the effects of the thyroid hormones on the various target organs. T3 (3,5,3’-triiodothyronine) is mainly formed extrathyroidally, particularly in the liver, by enzymatic 5’-deiodination of T4. Accordingly, the T3 concentration in serum is more a reflection of the functional state of the peripheral tissue than the secretory performance of the thyroid gland.
A reduction in the conversion of T4 to T3 results in a decrease in the T3 concentration. It occurs under the influence of medicaments such as propanolol, glucocorticoids or amiodarone and in severe non-thyroidal illness
(NTI), and is referred to as “low T3 syndrome”. As with T4, over 99 % of T3 is bound to transport proteins. However, the affinity of T3 to them is around 10-fold lower.(1, 2, 3, 4)The determination of T3 is utilized in the diagnosis of T3-hyperthyroidism, the detection of early stages of hyperthyroidism and for indicating a diagnosis of thyrotoxicosis factitia.(5, 6, 7)The T3 assay employs a competitive test principle with polyclonal antibodies specifically directed against T3. Endogenous T3, released by the action of 8-anilino-1-naphthalene sulfonic acid (ANS).
• Coated Microplate, 8 x 12 strips, 96 wells, pre-coated with T3 derivant.
• Calibrators, 6 vials, 1 ml each, ready to use; Concentrations: 0(A), 0.5(B), 1(C), 2(D), 4(E) and 8(F) ng/ml.
• Enzyme Conjugate, 1 vial, 6.0 mL of HRP (horseradish peroxidase) labeled sheep monoclonal Anti-T3 in Tris-NaCl buffer containing BSA (bovine serum albumin). Contains 0.2% ProClin300 preservative. ANS 1mg/mL.
• Substrate, 1 vial, 11ml, ready to use, (tetramethylbenzidine) TMB.
• Stop Solution, 1 vial, 6.0 ml of 1 mol/l sulfuric acid.
• Wash Solution Concentrate, 1 vial, 25 ml (40X concentrated), PBS-Tween wash solution.
• IFU, 1 copy.
• Plate Lid: 1 piece.
Materials required (but not provided)
• Microplate reader with 450nm and 620nm wavelength absorbent capability.=
• Microplate washer.
• Plate shaker.
• Micropipettes and multichannel micropipettes delivering 50μl with a precision of better than 1.5%.
• Absorbent paper.
• Distilled water