REF: DS177705 96 tests
Immunoassay for the in vitro quantitative determination of free thyroxine in human serum.
Summary (1,2 3, 4)
The thyroid hormone thyroxine (T4) is physiologically part of the regulating circuit of the thyroid gland and has an effect on general metabolism. The major fraction of the total thyroxine is bound to transport proteins (TBG, prealbumin, and albumin). The free thyroxine (fT4) is the physiologically active thyroxine component.
The determination of free thyroxine is an important element in clinical routine diagnostics. Free T4 is measured together with TSH when thyroid function disorders are suspected. The determination of fT4 is also suitable for monitoring thyrosuppressive therapy.
The determination of free T4 has the advantage of being independent of changes in the concentrations and binding properties of the binding proteins; additional determination of a binding parameter (T-uptake, TBG)is therefore unnecessary.
• Coated Microplate, 8 x 12 strips, 96 wells, pre-coated with T3 derivant.
• Calibrators, 6 vials, 1 ml each, ready to use; Concentrations: 0(A), 5(B), 10(C), 20(D), 50(E) and 100(F) pmol/L.
• Enzyme Conjugate, 1 vial, 6.0 ml of HRP (horseradish peroxidase) labeled mouse monoclonal Anti-T4 in Tris-NaCl buffer containing BSA (bovine serum albumin). Contains 0.2% ProClin300 preservative.
• Substrate, 1 vial, 11ml, ready to use, (tetramethylbenzidine) TMB.
• Stop Solution, 1 vial, 6.0 ml of 1 mol/l sulfuric acid.
• Wash Solution Concentrate, 1 vial, 25 ml (40X concentrated), PBS-Tween wash solution.
• IFU, 1 copy.
• Plate Lid: 1 piece.
Materials required (but not provided)
• Microplate reader with 450nm and 620nm wavelength absorbent capability.
• Microplate washer.
• Plate shaker.
• Micropipettes and multichannel micropipettes delivering 50μl with a precision of better than 1.5%.
• Absorbent paper.
• Distilled water.