REF: DS177711 96 tests
Immunoassay for the in vitro quantitative determination of prolactin in human serum.
Prolactin is synthesized in the anterior pituitary and is secreted in episodes. The hormone is made up of 198 amino acids and has a molecular weight of approx. 22‐23 kD. Prolactin appears in serum in three different forms. The biologically and immunologically active monomeric (“little”) form predominates (approx. 80 %), 5‐20 % is present as the biologically inactive dimeric (“big”) form and 0.5‐5 % is present as the tetrameric (“big‐big”) form having low biological activity.(1) The target organ for prolactin is the mammary gland, the development and differentiation of which is promoted by this hormone. High concentrations of prolactin have an inhibiting action on steroidogenesis of the ovaries and on hypophyseal gonadotropin production and secretion. During pregnancy the concentration of prolactin rises under the influence of elevated estrogen and progesterone production. The stimulating action of prolactin on the mammary gland leads post partum to lactation.
Hyperprolactinemia (in men and women) is the main cause of fertility disorders.
The determination of prolactin is utilized in the diagnosis of anovular cycles, hyperprolactinemic amenorrhea and galactorrhea, gynecomastia and azoospermia. Prolactin is also determined when breast cancer and pituitary tumors are suspected.(2)
• Coated Microplate, 8 x 12 strips, 96 wells, pre-coated with mouse monoclonal Anti-Prolactin.
• Calibrators, 6 vials, 1 ml each, ready to use; Concentrations: 0(A), 5(B), 10(C), 20(D), 50(E) and 100(F) ng/mL.
• Enzyme Conjugate, 1 vial, 11 mL of HRP (horseradish peroxidase) labeled mouse monoclonal Anti-prolactin in Tris-NaCl buffer containing BSA (bovine serum albumin). Contains 0.1% ProClin300 preservative.
• Substrate, 1 vial, 11ml, ready to use, (tetramethylbenzidine) TMB.
• Stop Solution, 1 vial, 6.0 ml of 1 mol/L sulfuric acid.
• Wash Solution Concentrate, 1 vial, 25 ml (40X concentrated), PBS-Tween wash solution.
• IFU, 1 copy.
• Plate Lid: 1 piece.
Materials required (but not provided)
• Microplate reader with 450nm and 620nm wavelength absorbent capability.
• Microplate washer.
• Plate shaker.
• Micropipettes and multichannel micropipettes delivering 50μl with a precision of better than 1.5%.
• Absorbent paper.
• Distilled water