25-OH Vitamin D Total
- Product description
25OH Vit.D Total
25-Hydroxyvitamin D Total
REF: DS167701 96 tests
The 25-Hydroxy Vitamin D ELISA kit is an enzymeimmunoassay intended for the quantitative determination of total 25-hydroxy vitamin D in human serum, plasma, tissue homogenates and other biological fluids. Results are to be used in conjunction with other clinical and laboratory data to assist the clinician in the
assessment of vitamin D sufficiency.
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble steroid hormone precursor that is mainly produced in the skin by exposure to sunlight. Vitamin D is biologically inert and must undergo
hydroxylation steps to become active.(1)
Our body can only synthesize vitamin D3. Vitamin D2 is taken up with fortified food or given by supplements. Physiologically, vitamin D3 and D2 are bound to the vitamin D-binding protein (VDBP) in plasma and transported to the liver to become 25-hydroxyvitamin D (vitamin D (25-OH)).
As vitamin D (25-OH) represents the major storage form, its blood concentration is used to assess the overall vitamin D status. More than 95 % of vitamin D (25-OH), measurable in serum, is vitamin D3 (25-OH) whereas vitamin D2 (25-OH) reaches measurable levels only in patients taking vitamin D2 supplements.(1,2,3)
Vitamin D is essential for bone health. In children, severe deficiency leads to rickets. In elderly, the risk of falling has been attributed to vitamin D deficiency due
to muscle weakness. Moreover, low vitamin D (25-OH) concentrations are ssociated with lower bone mineral density. Insufficiency has also been linked to
diabetes, cancer, cardiovascular disease, and autoimmune diseases.(1) The 25-OH Vitamin D is intended for the quantitative determination of vitamin D (25-OH) in human serum, plasma, tissue homogenates and other biological fluids, as an aid in the assessment of vitamin D sufficiency.
• Coated Microplate, 8 x 12 strips, 96 wells, pre-coated with 25-Hydroxyvitamin D derivant.
• Calibrators, 6 vials, 1 mL of each, ready to use; Concentrations: 0(A), 7.5(B),
• 15(C), 30(D), 75(E) and 150(F) ng/ml.
• Incubation Buffer, 1 vial, 6.0 mL. Contains 0.2% ProClin300 preservative.
• Enzyme Conjugate, Ready to use, 1 vial, 6.0 mL of HRP (horseradish peroxidase) labeled sheep monoclonal Anti-25-Hydroxyvitamin D in Tris-NaCl buffer containing BSA (bovine serum albumin). Contains 0.2% ProClin300 preservative.
• Substrate, 1 vial, 11mL, ready to use, (tetramethylbenzidine) TMB.
• Stop Solution, 1 vial, 6.0 mL of 1 mol/l sulfuric acid.
• Wash Solution Concentrate, 1 vial, 25 mL (40X concentrated), PBS-Tween
• IFU, 1 copy.
• Plate Lid: 1 piece.
Materials required (but not provided)
• Microplate reader with 450nm and 620nm wavelength absorbent capability.
• Microplate washer.
• Plate shaker.
• Micropipettes and multichannel micropipettes delivering 50μl with a precision of better than 1.5%.
• Absorbent paper.
• Distilled water
HBsAg Elisa KitHBsAg Elisa Kit0.00
HBsAb Elisa KitHBsAb Elisa Kit0.00
HBeAg Elisa KitHBeAg Elisa Kit0.00
HBeAb Elisa KitHBeAb Elisa Kit0.00
HBcAb Elisa KitHBcAb Elisa Kit0.00
HBc-IgM Elisa KitHBc-IgM Elisa Kit0.00
HCV Elisa KitHCV Elisa Kit0.00
HAV IgM Elisa KitHAV IgM Elisa Kit0.00
HAV IgG Elisa KitHAV IgG Elisa Kit0.00
HEV IgG Elisa KitHEV IgG Elisa Kit0.00
anti-HIV 1&2 Elisa Kit
HEV IgM Elisa KitHEV IgM Elisa Kit0.00
HIV Ab and AGHIV Ab and AG0.00
syphilis Elisa Kitsyphilis Elisa Kit0.00
TB-IGRA Elisa KitTB-IGRA Elisa Kit0.00