- Product description
REF: DS177710 96 tests
Immunoassay for the in vitro quantitative determination of follicle-stimulating hormone in human serum.
FSH (follicle stimulating hormone), together with LH (luteinizing hormone), belongs to the gonadotropin family. FSH and LH regulate and stimulate the growth and function of the gonads (ovaries and testes) synergistically. Like LH, TSH and hCG, FSH is a glycoprotein consisting of two subunits (α- and β‐chains). Its molecular weight is approx. 32000 daltons. In women, the gonadotropins act within the hypothalamus‐pituitary‐ovary regulating circuit to control the menstrual cycle. (1, 2, 3)
FSH and LH are released in pulses from the gonadotropic cells of the anterior pituitary. The levels of the circulating hormones are controlled by steroid hormones via negative feedback to the hypothalamus. In the ovaries FSH, together with LH, stimulates the growth and maturation of the follicle and hence also the biosynthesis of estrogens in the follicles. The FSH level shows a peak at mid-cycle, although this is less marked than with LH. Due to changes in ovarian function and reduced estrogen secretion, high FSH concentrations occur during menopause. (3) In men, FSH serves to induce spermatogonium development.
Determination of the FSH concentration is used in the elucidation of dysfunctions within the hypothalamus‐pituitary‐gonads system. The determination of FSH in conjunction with LH is utilized for the following indications: congenital diseases with chromosome aberrations, polycystic ovaries (PCO), amenorrhea (causes), and menopausal syndrome. Depressed gonadotropin levels in men occur in azoospermia. (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
• Coated Microplate, 8 x 12 strips, 96 wells, pre-coated with mouse monoclonal Anti-FSH.
• Calibrators, 6 vials, 1 ml each, ready to use; Concentrations: 0(A), 5(B), 20(C), 50(D), 100(E) and 200(F) mIU/mL.
• Enzyme Conjugate, 1 vial, 11 mL of HRP(horseradish peroxidase) labeled mouse monoclonal Anti-FSH in Tris-NaCl buffer containing BSA (bovine serum albumin). Contains 0.1% ProClin300 preservative.
• Substrate, 1 vial, 11ml, ready to use, (tetramethylbenzidine) TMB.
• Stop Solution, 1 vial, 6.0 ml of 1 mol/l sulfuric acid.
• Wash Solution Concentrate, 1 vial, 25 ml (40X concentrated), PBS-Tween wash solution.
• IFU, 1 copy.
• Plate Lid: 1 piece.
Materials required (but not provided)
• Microplate reader with 450nm and 620nm wavelength absorbent capability.
• Microplate washer.
• Plate shaker.
• Micropipettes and multichannel micropipettes delivering 50μl with a precision of better than 1.5%.
• Absorbent paper.
• Distilled water
HBsAg Elisa KitHBsAg Elisa Kit0.00
HBsAb Elisa KitHBsAb Elisa Kit0.00
HBeAg Elisa KitHBeAg Elisa Kit0.00
HBeAb Elisa KitHBeAb Elisa Kit0.00
HBcAb Elisa KitHBcAb Elisa Kit0.00
HBc-IgM Elisa KitHBc-IgM Elisa Kit0.00
HCV Elisa KitHCV Elisa Kit0.00
HAV IgM Elisa KitHAV IgM Elisa Kit0.00
HAV IgG Elisa KitHAV IgG Elisa Kit0.00
HEV IgG Elisa KitHEV IgG Elisa Kit0.00
anti-HIV 1&2 Elisa Kit
HEV IgM Elisa KitHEV IgM Elisa Kit0.00
HIV Ab and AGHIV Ab and AG0.00
syphilis Elisa Kitsyphilis Elisa Kit0.00
TB-IGRA Elisa KitTB-IGRA Elisa Kit0.00